When it comes to outdoor gear we’ve got you covered. Camping, backpacking, and road trips are our mainstay but we also have plenty of great gear for skiers, climbers, back packers, rafters, fishermen, hunters and trekkers. We carry a wide variety of outdoor products; tents, sleeping bags and backpacks from local companies at great low prices. Our longtime staff uses and knows about the gear we sell.
The equipment used in camping varies with the particular type of camping. For instance, in survival camping the equipment consists in small items which have the purpose of helping out the camper in providing food, heat and safety. The equipment used in this type of camping must be lightweight and it is restricted at only the mandatory items. Another types of camping such as winter camping involve having specially designed equipment in terms of tents or clothing which is strong enough to protect the camper’s body from the wind and cold.
Camping equipment includes:
- Sleeping Bags
- Sleeping Pads
- First aid kits
- Hammer to drive tent stakes into soil.
- Lantern or flashlight
- Hatchet, axe or saw for cutting firewood for a campfire.
- Fire starter or other ignition device for starting a campfire.
- Folding chairs for placement around campfire.
- Ropes for stringing clothes line and for securing the shelter.
- Tarp for adding additional layer of storm protection to a tent, and to shelter dining areas.
- Raincoat or poncho
- Hiking boots
- Fishing pole
- Chuck box to hold camp kitchen items for food preparation, consumption and cleanup.
- Trash bags particularly one with handles can be tied to a tree limb, or clothesline off the ground. For handling of waste in backcountry see Leave no trace.
- Insect repellent particularly one that has DEET.
- Sunscreen for protecting the skin.
- Personal care products and towel
- Cooler to store perishables and beverages. If electricity is available, a thermoelectric or stirling engine cooler can be used without the need for ice. Campers at modern campgrounds will normally bring perishable foods in coolers while backcountry campers will bring non-perishable foods such as dried fruits, nuts, jerky, and MREs.
- Beverages or portable water filter for areas that have access to rivers or lakes.
- A tripod chained grill, Dutch oven, or La Cotta clay pot can be used for cooking on a campfire. A portable stove can be used where campfires are forbidden or impractical. If using a campground with electricity an electric frying pan or slow cooker can be used.
- Firewood for Camp Fires
- Backpackers use lightweight and portable equipment. *(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camping)
A few Camping Equipment Manufactures we Sell
New in Camping Equipment
The Paco Pad is a self-inflating sleeping pad that is comfortable, durable and compact when rolled. Soft urethane foam inside and a welded industrial-strength PVC pouch offers dry sleeping and sitting comfort. Perfect for a comfortable night in the rocky mountains and they lasts for years! Takes 1 min. to self-inflate and 4 min. to deflate Soft - high-density urethane foam in a welded PVC pouch Self-inflating means no pumps or electricity needed .[READ|SHARE].
The sporty Dakine COSMO Backpack is a perfect pack for you ladies. A great backpack with organizer compartment. Whether for the work or play, the Dakine COSMO backpack is just the right size. Various Styles and Colors Available Women's Specific Lifetime warranty Organizer pocket 6.5L Zippered mesh compartments Key clip Nylon lining .[READ|SHARE].
Need a Water Bottle you can rely on and that tastes like the liquid you put in it and not like plastic? Try some of our great and colorful selection of Hydration Bottles! Great for a walk in the park or a long day of hiking. Some of our popular brands Nalgene Avex Klen Kanteen Camelbak Hydroflask Platypus MSR .[READ|SHARE].
Featuring a sleek design and ample feature set, the 70-lumen Black Diamond Cosmo headlamp is equally at home cooking dinner at the campsite or rappelling off a multi-pitch route after the sun goes down. Standard distance and proximity modes, both dimmable, are complemented by a red night vision mode-extra handy when waking in the middle of the night-and all modes are accessible via one simple-to-use button. And with a housing built to withstand sprayed water from any angle, the Cosmo is ready to brave nearly any storm you may encounter on your adventure. Settings include full strength in proximity and distance.[READ|SHARE].
Super compact and light weight traveler's hammock. Weighing in at a mere 12 ounces, the Grand Trunk Ultralight Travel Hammock won’t exactly weigh your pack down. It packs into its own attached stuff sack, but when you need it, it unfolds to a 9.5 length and will hold up to a 250-pound person. So you could bring a three-pound tent and sleeping pad on your next warm-weather trip … or you could skip those altogether, couldn’t you? Ultra Light Weight 12 oz. 250 Lb capacity 9 1/2 feet x 4 1/2 feet 5 Hooks Storage bag included .[READ|SHARE].
Mountainsmith’s dedication to the K-9 adventure experience has spanned 30+ years and there's no slowing in our efforts. Our heritage offerings include packs, travel gear, bedding and accessories to complete this outdoor lifestyle category for our four-legged friends. The K-9 rated line up is now a one stop shop for all of your dog friendly endeavors. Comfortable fleece lined adjustable chest harness. Reflective Trim Mesh Top perfect for leash strap. Available in Small, Medium and Large .[READ|SHARE].
Portable French Press with an incredible clever design. Also works with loose leaf Tea! Separate mug and carafe eliminates over-brewed, muddy coffee. Silicone ringed plunger design virtually eliminates coffee ‘blow-by’ for the most flavorful, mud-free coffee. insulated mug includes Sip-It Lid and is made of lightweight, shatter-resistant, BPA-Free Infinity clear polypropylene. Insulating EVA sleeves on mug and carafe remove easily for cleaning. .[READ|SHARE].
Two area L.E.D.'s, Two Red L.E.D.'s, One 1 Watt L.E.D. A-Frame Ski Carry Insulated Hydro Sleeve Backpack un-hooks to become trail seat Dakine "Blade" Backpack is great as a ski pack, although and has 4 different options as a carry system for ski and winter gear. Additional features include: Quick access snow tool/shovel pocket, Quick draw ice axe sleeve, Load compression straps, Adjustable padded waist belt and a billowed stash pocket. .[READ|SHARE].
60 Seconds to purify .75 Liter bottle USB Recharagable Effective against viruses, bacteria, protozoan & cysts Bulb good for 10,000 cycles CamelBak All Clear™, is a powerful new UV purification system. All Clear uses proven UV technology that turns any tap or clear natural water into potable drinking water in just 60 seconds. Fast, effective and backed by CamelBak's Got Your Bak Lifetime Guarantee, CamelBak All Clear maximizes UV exposure for drinking water you can trust. .[READ|SHARE].